Joah at 2 months:
Wearing: 0-3 month clothing; size one diapers for a little while longer
Weight and Height: 13 pounds 5 ounces and 22 3/4 inches. The doctor said that's right above the 50% for weight and right below the 50% for height. His head is the biggest on the percentile chart but everything is growing steadily/right along the curve. My babies tend to gain pretty quickly in the first few months of life but then taper off as they get older.
Appearance: I see both features or James and Jude in him, but I'm hearing more lately that he just looks like Joah. He definitely has his own look. He still has lots of dark hair and a pretty dark complexion and his eyes are still that greyish blue. The doctor said they could still go either way, but Jude's were definitely already brown at two months.
Eating: Nursing on demand, all the time. With a third baby, I don't even have time to really calculate how many hours between each feeding. He eats usually just once during the night as well.
Sleeping: on his very best nights he will do a 5-7 hour stretch. Those 7 hour nights are amazing and make me feel like a whole new person. He still generally sleeps many times throughout the day with the longest nap probably in the afternoon when Jude (and a lot of days James) naps. He sleeps swaddled in the rock n play at night. He also loves to nap in the ergo when we are out. He slept almost the whole 3 hours each night of vacation bible school last week in the baby carrier while I walked and moved around. Sometime he prefers not to be cradled when going to sleep but wants to be swayed side to side sitting up against my legs; sleeps with a mam pacifier (the only one he likes; the other two boys used nuk)
Interactions: he is smiling all the time now (especially first thing in the morning), he is beginning to coo at us now and has even giggled a few times; he is definitely watching everything around him. He loves being in the baby carrier when we go for a walk or out somewhere and just looks around and studies everything.
Outings: by two months as our third child, where has he not been? He's been to church tons now, the park, the library, the grocery store, Target, the pool and the lake, several restaurants, the zoo (on a train and carousel), the McWane Center, on the back of the church ice cream truck, to the DMV with me (my license expired when he was a few days old), first vbs and women's conference (and maybe his last - ha!), his first fireworks show on the fourth... No long trips out of the Birmingham area yet.
Things he seems to like: being held, being worn in the ergo carrier (especially when he's fussy in the evenings and it's the only way I can do dinner and bath time when Stephen has visitation and church nights), bath time, being outside and/or being in the pool are like the baby whisperer for him, his mam pacifiers, watching his big brothers, his play mat
Things he dislikes: being laid down for a long period of time or being in the car seat especially later at night or when it's dark
Health: he has been extremely healthy. We dealt with a bout of colic that was about four hours of crying every night for a few weeks and it was really starting to wear on us but I think we've turned a corner in the last week or so. (A few hours after I typed this earlier this week our whole family began to come down with a stomach bug and he was the last to get it. I've never had a baby this young throwing up do it was extremely sad and concerning)
Temperament: I hate to compare him to my other two, but he is somewhere in the middle of the two temperament wise, for now anyway. He is not as easy-going as Jude was but not as spirited as James as a newborn either. They all come with their own personalities (and looks) even with the same parenting, and I know that it's just part of God's design and each different personality will play a part in God's plan and purpose for their lives.
Joah Boah Baby Boy (as your big brother affectionately calls you),
Two months already! You are a joy! I forget so quickly everything that is wonderful about an infant: the weight of a tiny baby asleep on my chest or in my arms, the wonder of getting to know you and learning all about you after months of anticipation, the amazement at watching you discover everything for the first time, the bliss of those very first baby smiles, the joy of calling you mine. I recognize this time more than ever how fleeting these early days are. And I treasure them. You are so treasured and so loved. You are forever a part of us and I'm so thankful for that. We love you, sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment