Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015: Part 2

These pictures got a little shuffled in order, but we had a great Easter celebration this year. We had a full day at church: (we got there at about 8:00 and didn't leave until after 3:00) with special music, baptism (including James being baptized!), lunch under our new pavilion and an easter egg hunt. Everyone is napping now, but I'm dealing with some pregnancy insomnia again and hoping that if I don't nap now then I'll sleep tonight.

Here are way too many pictures from last night and today...

We snapped a couple of the family before church this morning. I loved the boys outfits this year (Thanks Nana!). I say that every year. :)


Feeling all of 35 weeks pregnant (today!) but so thankful that we are at this point. I can't believe we'll have a six year old, almost three year old, and almost one year old this time next year!
 The boys got to open up their Easter baskets last night after their bath because we knew today would be too crazy. I think this is the first year we've done them the night before but they didn't seem to mind.
They don't think they came from the Easter Bunny so it doesn't really matter when they get them...
They got monster truck hotwheels, a monster truck book, and some dye-free candy!  




We made a little night before Easter dinner (with leftover for tonight!)... I made deviled eggs that were supposed to look like chicks but forgot to get matchstick carrots for noses and olives for eyes so they look a little alien-ish with the big grapes. James loved them, though, so I will try again next year!


He took his own shirt off when he saw us putting his macaroni and cheese on the table!




This Easter will always be an extra special one. For the last year James has asked us many questions about salvation, but a few weeks ago at bedtime he was insistent that he could not go to sleep until we told him how he could be saved. We realized as we talked to him that in an effort to be cautious because of his age, we had overcomplicated for him what was meant to be simple. What Jesus did was big and complex (may we never get over what He did for us on the cross!), but repentance and receiving Jesus isn't about our efforts or anything that we could do. His plan of salvation is simple enough for everyone to understand. His sacrifice is for all. And Jesus desires that we come to him with faith like a child. 

Today we celebrated James' new life in Christ with his baptism as our son but now also as our brother! I pray that he would walk closely with Jesus all of his day, that his life would bear much fruit, and God would use him mightily!
I love some of the faces captured in these pictures (standing behind/around Stephen and James: Darren Hyde (and his wife): who have loved our family and taken us in. David Wilson: a business owner, who felt lead of God to plant this church. Also pictured below: David Musselman: who was a special musician (Friday night and Sunday morning) whose testimony of receiving Christ at age four was a direct answer to prayer for me as I felt Satan trying to cause me to doubt because of James' age what I knew was sincere. He told me that when a child takes a step toward Jesus, we should never discourage it. Benji Wilson: our worship leader and David Wilson's son. He loves the Lord and he loves our family. Pastor Danny Lovett: I'm so thankful for his life, his passion for the Lord, his passion for evangelism, his grandiose visions, the opportunity he is giving Stephen as we minister here, his love for our family, etc....

Stephen had the opportunity to baptize James! What a gift! James yelled "YES!" when Stephen asked if  James believed that Jesus died for his sins and he yelled "Yes!" again when he asked James if he believed that Jesus rose again on the third day! It was so sweet and so emotional for me. 


His little feet went up and it was just a funny, sweet moment...


I'm thankful for Nana taking all these pictures for me and Grandpa for doing video on our camcorder. I'm glad they were able to be with us! We tried to get a few in front of the cross and beautiful flower arrangement but they were kind of done at this point... The two below were the best we got.


Easter Egg Hunt after the picnic under the new pavilion:






No comments: