Saturday, April 25, 2015

Baby Shower for Joah, Granddaddy and Nana Visit, and Other Randoms

Here are some highlights of the last few weeks and last weekend that we had a community event that we did outreach with the church ice cream truck, Granddaddy and Nana (my Dad and Step-Mom) in town for a visit, and a baby shower for Joah after church planned by my friend, Sarah, who is our worship leader's wife.

There are some other randoms from my phone mixed in as well.

Tomorrow I'll be 38 weeks pregnant and I'm so thankful that we've made it this far. At 32 weeks when we were in the hospital monitoring contractions and I was being told to take it easy in the weeks ahead, it was a very uneasy feeling and I'm thankful for all the prayers on my (and Joah's) behalf. I have a history of just progressing early which is scary (especially with subsequent pregnancies), but now he is my third child that has just hung in there and hopefully, like with his big brothers, all the changes that have already happened to this point will make for another quick delivery when he does come. Now we are in a safe place and are just ready for Joah! We're packed for the hospital, ready as you can be for welcoming a new baby, and I've been walking every day this week. Ha! Who knows if it actually induces labor but I enjoy the outdoors and exercise regardless...

The last few doctor's visits the basic consensus is "it could be any day" and "not much more can happen before you're just in active labor..." So, we'll see... 
I really, really would like to go into labor on my own in the next few days, but as we get within days of his due date I am comfortable helping him along as well...especially since the doctor has expressed that if/when I go into labor I need to get to the hospital quickly.

Whew! There are so many thoughts, questions, emotions, etc. days/weeks before the delivery of a child but I can rest in knowing that the Lord knows the exact time, day, details, etc. and that He loves Joah even more than I do. So, as we wait with anticipation and excitement for this little one that we already love with everything that we are, I can take comfort and be at peace in trusting Him to the one that is trustworthy. 











This has been the rainiest few months that I can ever remember. There was a night that we finally just broke down and let them play in the muddy spots in our yard that never get a chance to get dry before it rains again. They loved it!

Hopefully when the weather is back to normal, everything will dry out but, if not, Stephen has talked about digging a drain if necessary. I'm just thankful that he is truly a jack of all trades!


James loves helping Stephen on the ice cream truck!


One of many walks to try and bring about Joah!

We reused most of the bedding/decor that we used for Jude's nursery, but there are a few new touches specifically for Joah.  I found a pre-made banner on Amazon that matched everything we already had (and the paper lanterns) and Stephen's mom embroidered it. I love the coming home outfit that she made for him also! It matches the fabric of the big boys' easter outfits too so they will all be able to take some matching pictures after he comes. I love how the burlap door hanger that I made for the hospital door/nursery door turned out too!  Joah's room coordinates with the colors/theme in the big boys' room too! Reds/Blues and Transportation are pretty classic (and so far our oldest two LOVE transportation) so we just stuck with what already worked for Joah. 




No comments: