Friday, February 6, 2015

James' Birthday Activities

I loved that we were able to spend a special day with James on his birthday as a family. It was a full day, and I think he had a lot of fun and felt very special. We started out at Chick-fil-a for breakfast. They are giving away free coffee all of February and we also had calendar cards for free chicken minis so it made for a very yummy but cheap breakfast. After breakfast, we headed to the McWane Center. We have memberships to both the McWane Center and Zoo, but it was just way too cold yesterday for that. The boys had lots of fun - every time we go they enjoy doing something a little different! After the McWane Center we headed to Toys R Us and let James use some of his birthday money for another lego set. And he still saved most of it, so we were pretty proud of him. They also gave him a birthday crown and balloon while we were there. In the same shopping center, we ran into Barnes and Noble to get a free birthday cupcake and then we headed to lunch at Cracker Barrel (his choice!). He wanted pancakes and chocolate milk. They also gave him birthday ice cream after the meal! After our late lunch we headed home for him to open his present from us. We got him a bike and helmet. He hadn't really asked for it (so I was a little nervous), but we thought it was a good classic gift for a five year old. He loved it and said it was his very favorite toy so we were pleasantly surprised! After a little bike riding on our street, we ate birthday brownies and watched his birthday slideshow of pictures and videos from this year. The day ended with a few phone calls from family, baths, and an early bedtime!

Here are some pictures from the day (they are all out of order!):

I thought I'd document 27 weeks and entering the 3rd trimester and just a little bit closer to welcoming our third boy!
(I just went to the doctor and I passed my glucose test, and I'm measuring "perfectly!" I'll take it! Joah's heart rate was in the 150's which is great!) 

I love this boy so much. I can't believe that he's going to still be such a baby when our new baby is born, so I just pray the Lord will give me the strength and grace to be all that they need from me. 

Happy little "melmo" lover! 

Our birthday boy!

We didn't have enough wrapping paper so Stephen just rang the door bell and we told James that he had a surprise!





I am just overwhelmed with how much I love my children (especially on days like this)!

James working on his new lego set with Daddy!

Birthday Brownies! A major favorite in our family. Jude was exhausted and had already fallen asleep (at 6:30) but perked up long enough to eat brownies with us!


Inside a fish at the McWane Center!

Arrrrgh mateys! Jude kept putting his sticker over his eye. He is such a ham!

I love these brothers! (They look so similar except for all the dark vs. light features and the curls!)

Playing store (one of their favorites!).  

No comments: