Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

This was my first Mother's Day with Jude and my 5th Mother's Day with James (unbelievable!). It was a wonderful, low-key celebration: church, lunch at Cracker Barrel, Daddy & James planted some petunias, peach cobbler and ice cream, and we enjoyed watching Free Birds together as a family. Stephen got me a new book/Bible Study, a sweet card, and helped the boys make some artwork for my "Mama Book." I'm thankful today for my sweet boys that are beyond what I dreamed for myself, my husband that loves and supports me (I could not be the mother that I am without him being the man that he is!), all the mothers/grandmothers in my life (and other precious women along the way too) that have loved me and my children well. I also remember today those sweet friends here locally and afar that are praying for a baby of their own and/or missing babies that are in heaven.

Here a few pictures of our day. It's hard to get a good picture with a four year old that doesn't enjoy pictures, a busy baby, and a Mama that blinks in every other picture but hopefully we have a few to commemorate the occasion. I love to write and I so wish that I had way more time in this season to write about all that this special day means to me (and what my children mean to me! I wish I had time to have my words sound as beautiful as they are...) and the profound way these two precious ones have forever changed me, but I'd rather spend it with them (just telling them!). And even though they are so young, I pray they remember even just a tiny bit of these days together. And that when they reflect back on their few early memories in these early years, that they will just remember an overwhelming amount of love....Because you are so very loved, my sweet baby boys. Don't ever forget that! 













No comments: