Monday, February 17, 2014

Disney Recap: Day 2 in Animal Kingdom

It's hard to pick a favorite park because they are all amazing, but I definitely love the spaciousness and the natural landscapes of Animal Kingdom. It was definitely a highlight of the trip for me. It didn't feel congested (the crowd levels in February are between a 1 and 4 out of 10 anyway!), and the trees helped shade the boys in the 80 degree weather. I have picture overload from Animal Kingdom ahead: (one thing not pictured is Flame Tree Barbecue where we ate for lunch. It was a favorite for both Stephen and I from the whole trip. If you ever make a trip to Disney, you definitely don't want to miss it! We got ribs and half a chicken on our counter-service plan. I would've felt guilty if I hadn't already walked 13 miles that day ;) )

I loved our matching shirts. We washed them and wore them again!


A Bugs Life show was pretty scary for James. The concept was good but the 3D bugs including a stink bug which actually emits a real smell and the feeling of bugs crawling on your seat was too much! He declared it a "mean and hateful" show! 

We road the wildlife express to the conservation station...

and got to brush some real animals. :)

This was the only character that James wouldn't meet but he still sent Jude and I to get his signature for the book. 

Triceratops Spin

James loved the huge dinosaur playground! 

Digging for fossils. :) I didn't realize how much Jude snoozed on the trip until I started looking back through these pictures. I loved the Ergo carrier before the trip, but after the trip it is by far my favorite baby product ever. There were some places strollers couldn't go, and this made our lives so much easier and better for everyone. And after carrying Jude all week long (I had planned to switch off with Stephen when I got tired!), I truly did not hurt at all. It's a great carrier! Highly recommended! 



The animal safari is amazing. You ride in big jeeps through a terrain that is designed to look like a true African safari. We were so close to the animals that I'm really not zooming much on the camera. 
I saw my favorite animal :)

We don't know Jude's favorite animal yet :)

James' favorite...


Stephen's favorite...
 We got a seat on a bench right where the parade passed...
Chip stopped to hug James


This man on stilts leaned down to wish James a Happy Birthday!
This musical was amazing! James said "again, again, again" after it was over. Marlin also leaned down from the stage at the end and mouthed "Happy Birthday" to James! I cried! He chose a Dory stuffed animal with some of his birthday money. :)


They were worn out after a long day, but I had to get a picture of their matching PJ's. 

No comments: