I can't believe November has almost come and gone without an update on the blog. It's definitely not for a lack of things to talk about. The boys are doing great. They are growing, changing, and constantly making us laugh. The days with them are so sweet. We have started slowly introducing Jude to solids this month and there is nothing that he hasn't liked so far. He says "mmmmm" after every bite, and it really makes us laugh. He is also very close to sitting up unassisted (and can for a few seconds at a time), but he's still a little wobbly for me to say it's official. He still is enamored with James, and he is already really showing an interest in cars and trains because he's spent so much time watching his big brother. He has definitely tried to dive out of our arms many times to try and be in the midst of the action. He is such a happy, little charmer baby. I already predict that he will be giving me a run for my money the second that he is mobile, because he already is trying to get into everything now. I am completely smitten with him, and I literally cannot imagine life without him now. He is a complete joy.
James has become such a big boy. I am so proud of how independent he has become, and some days my heart aches just a little, too, at the fact that he doesn't need my help as much as he used to. It's bittersweet, but it's wonderful to watch him learn, change, and grow into his own little person. As I watch him play and interact with other children at the park or at church, it's hard to remember that very timid toddler that almost always clung to my leg. He is smart, witty, and loves to talk to both children and adults. I know I'm biased, but I constantly laugh at the things that come out of his mouth. He can be pretty stubborn and opinionated at times, but I'm glad that he feels safe enough with us to have a voice. He also seems to have a great desire for justice, and he can be so compassionate towards others that are hurting or in need. I love watching how his personality has taken shape, and I admire so many things about him. He will always be my "first baby" and he will aways be my heart.
Here are quite a few pictures from November. James wasn't as willing to have his picture taken as Jude, so there are not as many as him.
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and Stephen's 29th Birthday in a few days (both on the same day this year)!










No comments:
Post a Comment