Friday, September 6, 2013

A Big Boy Day!

James is getting old enough to start helping Daddy with things like yard work and other little projects. We were gifted a little extra money this month and wanted to do a little project, and this one was the most affordable on our list of home updates. James and Stephen spent all day together building a deck and extending our outdoor seating area. They had a great time together, and I'm so thankful that Stephen is teaching our sons valuable skills. It was also a good day for me to focus on Jude one-on-one. I was very impressed with their work, and I wanted to take a moment to brag on my husband. His love language is far different than mine. He will probably never write a poem or love song for me, but he's done so many "acts of service," both large and small, throughout our marriage to show me that he loves me. So, if by some small chance that you're reading this, Stephen, please know that it doesn't go unnoticed. I'm so grateful for the way that you love me. :)

 Here are a few pictures of their special day together (they are all out of order!):

The two little builders finally enjoying the finished project!

The section on the left is the new addition. :) 

James found a froggy friend, "Slinky", while digging and proceeded to torture play with him for several hours in this bucket. :)

They planted an assortment of mums - my favorite fall flower! :)

No comments: