Wednesday, June 5, 2013

39 Weeks: "As Big as a Watermelon" and National Donut Day

It looks like we're going to make it to 39 weeks! (I apologize for another baby update, but this really will be the last one while he's still inside the womb!) We are actually hoping to make it to 39 weeks and 1 day (just like we did with James!) and will be heading to the hospital on Friday morning at 3 a.m. to induce labor. Our plans for a June 11th induction changed after today's appointment. I have now progressed to a 4 and things are just in place to happen soon and quickly... Our doctor is going out of town on Friday evening and so I am actually really thankful that she decided to move things up a few days and that we are going to still have her deliver Jude (and after today's update I did not think that we would make it until she returned on the 11th!).

I was also excited about the date being moved forward because I have predicted for a long time that he would come on the 7th (no idea why!), and then yesterday my sister-in-law texted me to let me know that she was changing her prediction to the 7th as well because it happens to be National Donut Day. Of course, we're just being silly and it's all in the spirit of fun (we want him to come whenever God has planned!), but we all just thought this would be such a fun day to be born! (And we had actually already planned to have a Big Brother Party for James in the hospital the morning after Jude was born with donuts (his favorite!) to celebrate.) It now looks like we'll get to enjoy a donut on Friday night after Jude arrives AND again on Saturday morning for the Big Brother party. I'm completely okay with that... :)



After today's appointment and the change of plans, Stephen and I ran around like crazy people (thankfully Wednesday is his other off day) trying to get things done: haircuts, some cleaning, some errands, some laundry, etc. We also managed to squeeze in a little last hurrah for our firstborn and took him to a bouncy castle/slide place near our house that we had recently been to for a birthday party. He loved it and cried when we had to leave! I'm so glad we've had such a special last week with him before his little brother arrives. :)


We also indulged in one more watermelon (my craving of the last few weeks!). We've told James throughout this pregnancy that his baby brother would come when my belly was as a big as a watermelon, so it seemed appropriate to snap one last belly picture with the watermelon before we cut into it tonight, just two days before Jude arrives.

One day shy of 39 weeks with Jude! Finally "as big as a watermelon!"
Thank you for all your prayers for us! (Looking forward to spending one last day with James tomorrow while Stephen ties up loose ends at work, and then we're all hoping for a very early bedtime before our 2 a.m. wakeup call! Of course, it won't be the last early morning in our near future. That's for sure!) I will be excited to share pictures and details of his arrival very soon!

No comments: