How far along are you? 30 weeks, 1 Day (We are in the 60's now for days left until Jude's arrival. Unreal. And I predict he'll come a few days early but only time will tell.)
Total Weight Gain? I was surprised to find out at the doctor this week that I didn't gain any weight since my last appointment. I don't even know how that's possible after our trip to New Orleans, but I'll take it (because I know he's still growing steadily).
How big is the baby? Jude weighs as much as a large cabbage or around 3 pounds. He is measuring about 15 3/4 inches from head to heel.
Maternity Clothes? Oh Yes! Can't wait for warm weather and the simplicity of wearing comfortable, cotton dresses. I was never big and pregnant with James during the spring/summer.
Sleep? I'm really starting to struggle to get comfortable enough to sleep for very long stretches combined with getting up several times throughout the night to use the bathroom. But it's all just part of it - and so worth it!
Best moment this week? Watching James hold his newborn cousin and imagining how sweet he's going to be with his little brother. Also, just reaching 30 weeks seems like a big milestone. Only ten more weeks to go!
Movement? Lots and lots of movement! He even wakes me up in my sleep.
Food Cravings/Aversions? Some new things that I have been craving lately in addition to my continued "real food" love (sorry to sound like a broken record!) - fresh pears, smoothies, icees, lemon flavored yogurt, and other fruity things
Morning Sickness? None. Although heartburn is entering the scene sometimes now that I'm in the third trimester, just like it did with James.
Gender? A sweet boy! Jude Brooks Johnson!
What I'm looking forward to: Embracing final moments/making final memories together as a family of three and, of course, meeting Jude in a little over two months now! I can't wait to have both my boys in my arms.
![]() |
| James really did want to be in this picture (and even wanted to hold my hand), but said he didn't want to smile. Such is life with a three year old - you just roll with it. |

No comments:
Post a Comment