This year I have been including a slip of paper which lists a special Christmas activity for that day in James' advent calendar. Some days are more exciting than others, but he enjoys opening the next door each morning to find a piece of candy and some type of activity that he will take part in. I thought that we could just keep it simple for today's activity and write a letter to send to Santa. Santa is definitely not the focus of Christmas around here, but Stephen and I both grew up "doing Santa" and we have continued that tradition so far. I let James dictate what he wanted included in the letter, and boy did he ever have a lot to say! If you have followed our blog for a while, you will remember that our son is just not a fan of Santa. We have a picture of him bawling on Santa's lap his first Christmas, and last year the only way we could get a picture was when Santa was off duty and James sat in his chair without Santa Claus! And after our letter writing experience today, I am pretty convinced that a visit to see Santa will not be included in our list of Christmas festivities for this year either. His letter really made me laugh and I wanted to share and record it here on the blog. It's funny to see just what's going on in their little heads in regards to various topics when given an avenue to express themselves - sometimes I don't listen enough and I'm thankful for when I do and I understand him better! Apparently Santa Claus has really offended our little man!! (Hopefully he doesn't sound like a meanie - I just could not stop laughing as he was coming up with this stuff and telling me what he really thought about Santa!)
Dear Santa,
This year Mama and Daddy said I don't have to sit on Santa's lap because it's "fuzzy from your red pants." Also, because I got really scared when you said "Ho Ho Ho" to me at a "estaurant" (We went to eat at Izzo's with Stephen's family last Christmas) and Grandpa told you to drive across the street (Grandpa did tell Santa two of his grandchildren were scared, but not to drive across the street! ha!). Maybe if you are nice to me, I will come see you with the new baby from Mama's tummy next year. I have been a good boy this year but sometimes grumpy. I would like another helicopter, please (as he whirled his Harold the Helicopter in the air). You can come down our chimney and bring us presents. And please blow Mama's exercise thing to Africa, because I want to (My mom let me borrow a step box to get some exercise during this pregnancy and apparently James is not a fan of me doing it!)!
I would love a green bouncy ball, a scooter and a tricycle, Jake and the "Everland" Pirates boat, Little Einstein's Train Choo-Choo, Instruments, and Toby - I want two Toby's (as he drove the other across his track!)
Love, James
No comments:
Post a Comment