Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Fun!

We had a really full, fun, (and almost) free weekend with James. I am amazed at how the most inexpensive things bring such delight to him, and also I am so impressed at how many free things are out there for kids, especially in Birmingham. I think there are times that Stephen and I struggle with wanting/wishing that we were able to give him so much more (and I think it's just a life lesson that we are learning about finding contentment in the season and circumstances), but it brings us a lot of joy to make memories in the little things as well.

After our week in preschool of "C is for Camping" we made s'mores in the oven and camped out in our spare bedroom Friday night. He was giddy about sleeping in the tent and said yesterday on the way home from small group that "I want to sleep in our tent 1,000 times!" Too bad Mama and Daddy don't feel the same way. :) 



I found out about the kid's workshops at Lowe's that are held a few Saturdays a month. We made our reservation but arrived not really knowing what to expect. I was so impressed that for this free event, James (with Stephen's help) was able to hammer together a wooden firetruck that should hold up for a long time. He also received an apron, a patch to iron on the apron specific to the project he had completed, and a certificate. I would highly recommend this to anyone that has a Lowe's in their area. 





Saturday we had the chance to eat at the new Steak n Shake in our area. It has been slammed for the past month, and even arriving about 5 minutes before 11:00 AM there were almost no available tables. We enjoyed a meal out, and even better was that kids eat free on the weekends! 


No comments: