I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. It's actually because there has been so much going on with us that I just haven't had time to write about it. James and I have been doing some traveling and soaking up some time with my family in South Carolina the last few weeks. It was just the "right" time to do it, and I don't know that we'll ever get to visit with them for such an extended amount of time in the future. It has been good for me personally, and I think it has definitely been a God ordained time in growing and strengthening relationships with them for both me and James. We've had a lot of fun and hopefully I can post some pictures soon of first canoe rides (for J), children's museum and splash pad/water park fun, and lots of making good memories.
One of my blog friends posted this video (below) recently, and it couldn't have spoken to my heart more perfectly. It is a good description of the journey we've been on the last 9 months. I'm not ready to talk about it all (not the depth of it), but I know one day, when the time is right, it will be a testimony of God's forgiveness, unconditional love, and sweet mercy. A story of second chances. I believe that - even when it's hard to believe that. These last 9 months have shaken me to my core and forced me to really evaluate what I always said I believed. In the face of pain, loss, and disappointment I understand my desperate need more than ever for God to truly carry me - to hold me in his hand. Through ups and downs and through terrible pain and lack of understanding, I know that God is still good and is still faithful. And that he has great plans for our lives. I am so thankful for those of you that knowing very little were faithful to pray for us often.
No comments:
Post a Comment