Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful!

My sweet boy is sleeping and I'm treating myself to a break too with a warm blanket and a good book on loan to me from a sweet, godly woman that God has used in my life.

I am an avid reader (although not quite as avid as I used to be in my pre-Mama days!), and I have read many books on forgiveness but this one is especially good so I thought I'd share. It's called Choosing Forgiveness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and here is a little excerpt I thought was so good:

Who would ever have planned Calvary? Who could have seen one good thing coming from such an atrocity? Only the God who could see ahead to the resurrection. And He is the same One who has measured the depth and length and height of every trial that every one of His children endures, and who will not allow into your life a single circumstance that will thwart or derail His eternal, loving plan for your life. If even the scourge of the cross could not stop Him from completing the plan He had for His Son, how could any past or current difficulty in your life -- as bad as it may be -- even begin to surpass His desire or His ability to complete the plan He has for you? He will use even this, dear one, to accomplish His redemptive, sanctifying work in and through your life.

I am so thankful for that kind of Savior this Thanksgiving! He is good and worthy to be praised!

No comments: