I was doing a little blog hopping this morning (you know, when one blog leads you to another and another and another...) and came across this chart called Super Mom vs. Abiding Mom. You can find it here. I don't really care to admit which side of the list that I probably fall on most of the time (but I guess that's an admission in itself, isn't it?) I really struggle with abiding in Christ and find myself too often striving, working, doing, trying to earn, etc. in so many areas of my life. But I know that I grow in my relationship with the Lord moment by moment and day by day. So I'm just going to keep my eyes on Him and keep praying that I may truly abide in Him and bear much fruit.
I decided to print this chart out to place in my kitchen where I will see it often and be reminded to pray about ways that I can truly be an Abiding Mom. I wanted to share this list with all of you, because I think it could serve as encouragement for all women in any relationship or area of their lives.. The final characteristic on the printable version says under super mom that "her children may recall how busy she is" but under the abiding mom it says that "Her children arise and call her blessed (Proverbs 31:28)." This is my heart's desire, and I pray that the Lord would teach you to abide in Him as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment