Everywhere we go people tell us how much James looks like his Daddy, and he certainly does. I look at this old picture of Stephen, and I see such a strong resemblance between the two of them.
But among the pictures scattered out along the floor yesterday morning by my little explorer, I caught a glimpse of James in a picture of me at 17 months. That expression is so familiar these days...
Our 17 month old little boy with his Mama's eyes, his Daddy's mouth, and his own unique little personality.... I look at him at 17 months old and wonder who he will grow up to be, what he will be passionate about, what dreams he will dream, how God will use him in this world...and I just feel compelled to pray for his present and his future. I think about those things and so much more...and all that is after a morning of cleaning up scattered pictures off the floor. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment