I have definitely wrestled with being a "people pleaser" all my life. I've spent way more time and energy than I'd ever care to admit trying to please others, and unfortunately I've worried much more about letting down people than I have about pleasing God with my life. If you have also wrestled with this, you can relate to how convicting and yet freeing this verse is for people-pleasers. Praying that God will continue to help me in this (this is the verse I am planning to memorize for the second half of February):
"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10
"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10
No comments:
Post a Comment