Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Outside, Outside

If I was ever unsure of it before, James is most definitely a walker now. He had just been taking steps for a while but one day last week he decided to really take off. Now he's walking and trying to run everywhere. Even though it is really cold in NC in January I've been taking him outside the last few days when it's not bitter cold to let him have a little more space to explore. I know we are going to have so much fun outdoors this spring! :)





James, every day you are doing something new and I am amazed that you are the same little baby boy that we brought home from the hospital almost a year ago now. Even though you don't say "outside" yet, I know that you understand now when I say it and seem excited about getting out of the house and getting the chance to explore. And just at the sound of the word "outside," you seem a little more patient with me than usual about having your busyness interrupted so that I can put on your jacket and hat. I love to watch you take those sweet, wobbly little steps. I love to see your rosy little cheeks and toothy grin peeking out of your very bulky coat as you delight in your outdoor playtime. I love to watch you throw the ball and squeal when I throw it back to you. And even though I say "careful, careful" so many times, I really do think that it's so precious that within seconds of being outside you've already found a rock, a stick, and a leaf that you refuse to let go of until we are back in the house. I am amazed at all the ways that you have grown and changed this year and all the ways that you have helped us grow and change this year too. And even though this day of playing outside makes me a little sad to recognize that this first year is almost behind us, I am looking forward to all the fun things we will do together this next year too! I'm looking forward to the day that you say "outside, outside" for the first time and run to get your coat for me to put on you. James, you are so loved and so wanted - don't ever forget that!
Love, Mama

No comments: