James is now 11 months old! Even though he will always be my baby, 11 months old seems so much closer to toddlerhood than to those early baby days I knew would never last long enough. As I anticipate his first birthday and the anniversary of me becoming a mother, I recognize the many ways he is growing and changing every day. His life (like all of life) is a testimony to God's amazing design in creating each of us with so much complexity and each of us with our own unique, individual qualities. Every funny thing that James does or every time I literally get to watch him learn something new right before my eyes, I am reminded in Scripture of how God knit together his life. What a celebration of life are the words of Psalm 139:14-16: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Here are some of the things James is doing at 11 months old:
- Wearing mostly 12 month clothes and a few 9 month pants and size 3 and 4 shoes
- Still taking two naps a days but fighting his morning nap some days (he would rather be exploring). He sleeps about 13 hours total between naps and nighttime sleep.
- Now has four teeth on the bottom and one (almost 2) on the top with 2 more right behind those.
- Showing more of an interest in solids than ever before, but some days would just rather be playing. He has not really taken to meat or cheese yet though.
- Still says "mama" and now says "ba-ba" for ball.
- Has started walking everywhere the last few days!
- Continues to love Mickey Mouse!
- Discovered his tongue the last few days and sticks it out all the time. He also point to his Mickey stuffed animal's tongue.
- Really loves playing with balls right now and will throw the ball to you!
- Has started to figure out how to roll his cars and trains back and forth on the floor.
- Loves our toilet, trash can, and diaper champ and we must constantly keep him out of them!
- Loves brushing his teeth! He squeals when he hears the toothbrush rattling in the holder as we're taking it out and starts to lick his lips.
- Is curious about everything and just moves (crawls, cruises, walks, climbs) and explores all day long.
- Is very strong willed and does not like hearing us tell him no! He definitely understands "no" but does not always listen when we say "no."
- Has really started to enjoy looking at pictures of animals in books that we are reading and laughs when I name and point to the different animals.
- Has signed "eat" a few times and when I sign and say "eat" (if he's hungry) he will stop what he's doing and crawl toward the high chair
- He is very ticklish and squeals and screams when we tickle him
- He waves bye-bye and blows kisses sometimes. He does the "roll them up, roll them up" part of patty cake all day long! He does it when he first wakes up, is very tired, and even when he's very frustrated.
- He puts his fingers up to his mouth when he is looking for his "pacifier" and can't find it.
- His stranger anxiety is greatly improving and was able to stay in the nursery the whole church service without crying last week. It was a huge answer to prayer for us!
- Loves for people to pay attention to him when out in public and will stare at them until he gets their attention. He is definitely a people watcher (I can relate) and takes everything in. He also loves to watch people sweep however he hates the dust buster and vacuum.
Those are just some of the cute things that he is doing this month! It is a joy to spend time with him and watch his personality blossom. I can't believe that in less than a month our "baby" will be one.
James, we love you so much and you have filled our lives with so much joy! Every day we thank God for you! Love, Mama and Daddy
Being a silly man as we tried to get a picture for his birthday invitation:
Our family on New Years Eve:
His 11 month pictures with Dumbo:
2 comments:
I love reading about James and all his cute milestones! The pics with Dumbo are PRECIOUS!
Thanks Laura! You're sweet! I know if I don't record these things I won't remember it all. :) I guess you can tell we love him just a little bit, huh? :)
Post a Comment