Monday, November 8, 2010

How He Loves Us!

James and I went to visit Stephen at work today for a few minutes to bring him some lunch and some cold medicine, and when we got in the car the David Crowder song "How He Loves Us" happened to be playing. The lyrics of that song are so powerful and the imagery of the words in the song really hit home with me today. We listened to it over and over and over on the way there and on the way back. I'm pretty sure James would have sang along with me if he could have. :)


Two of the lines that paint such a picture for me are "Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy" and "if His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking." Wow! What an amazing picture of the great love God has for us! I was thinking about how many times we tell James we love him daily and how we just shower him with our love and affection. And as much as we could ever love him, nothing compares to the love that God has for him and for us.


This song reminded me of a passage of scripture that I love and so after I got James down for a nap I decided to spend some time rereading it.


Ephesians 2:1-10:

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


I am so thankful for His great love for us! I'm so grateful that He is rich in mercy and that through grace I have been saved! What a needed reminder today of His love for us and His grace through Jesus Christ alone. Praying today for all those that have not yet received that grace.


I thought I'd share the video of that song for you to enjoy:


2 comments:

Laura said...

I love that song, too! I really enjoy reading your blog, it's very inspirational! *SMILE*! P.S. James is such a cutie pie!

The Johnson Family said...

Thanks girl! I love reading your blog too! I am always so impressed with all your amazing deals!! I have learned a lot from your tips. :)