James is 8 months old!! How is it possible that he's been ours for 8 months? I wanted to quickly update you on some of the things he is doing at 8 months before time gets away from me and he's 9 months old!!
- He is wearing size 3 diapers and wearing 9 month and 12 month clothes. It seems like he has gotten a lot longer lately but it might be when the seasons changed that I noticed again how long he is based on his pants length!
- He takes 2 naps a day usually around 10:30 and 3:00 and goes to bed by about 8:30.
- He is SO active now! He really moves all day long starting from the second that he wakes up in the morning. Maybe he'll be a morning person like Mommy! He even moves in his sleep (sleep crawling and pulling up!) which we were told was like Daddy as a baby and then wakes himself up because he is moving so much.
- He is crawling, pulling up, and getting into everything. He even pulls himself up and lets himself go and will stand for just a few seconds. He thinks he is such a big boy!
- He has two teeth. He cut his first bottom tooth the day before he turned 8 months old and the second one came through just a couple of days later. I have been brushing them and letting him play with the tooth brush just to get in the habit but I'm probably being silly.
- He is eating some finger foods now. I cheer for him when he finally gets them into his mouth (he is focused and determined) and he gets a kick out of that! I have let him have Gerber puffs and yogurt melts and MumMums (these rice wafer things). Thank goodness for foods that soften in his mouth because I am a paranoid mom for sure but I am starting to lighten up. Stephen and I have tasted all of them to make sure there is no way he can choke on them. I will hopefully introduce some real finger foods closer to 9 months. He is still eating lots of solids and is now drinking water from his sippy cup with every meal.
- We really think that he knows who "Mama" is now. It's the only word that he says so far and for the longest time we didn't think that he knew what he was saying but he now says "Mama" at times when I walk toward him after being in another room. I love it, of course. :)
- He has become a belly sleeper this month and sleeps more soundly (especially for naps) on his belly.
- He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and his new Mickey Mouse stuffed animal. He looks at his stuffed animal and then up at the TV as if he's contemplating how he jumped out of there and into his hands. It is so cute!
- He has transitioned out of his infant carrier into his new car seat.
- He had his first move (to North Carolina). He transitioned pretty well. His toys are here and his Mama and Daddy are here - what more could he ask for? :)
- He really enjoys when we read books to him. He has always liked it, but now he seems extra interested. His favorite books are "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and "Goodnight Moon".
James, you are a joy and delight! It has been our privilege to be your parents for 8 whole months! We love you always and forever, sweet boy! Love, Mommy and Daddy

No comments:
Post a Comment