Tuesday, September 7, 2010

7 Months of James

I haven't been posting much lately. Our life recently has been crazy and unpredictable but full of the grace and peace that Jesus gives. There have been and will inevitably be some changes coming in our near future but more on that later...

We have a SEVEN month old! I can't believe that 7 months ago today I was brining home my precious baby boy completely unaware of how life would change. The love I feel for him and the bond we share, it is truly unexplainable and so amazingly wonderful. I have never been convinced any of the things I've done in my life have been the "perfect fit" for me from teaching to even children's ministry but being a mom is absolutely what I believe I was meant to be and do. It is my greatest joy and privilege.

I think James woke up recently and realized he was 7 months old and everything should change. Here are a few of the things he is now doing:

- Pulling up on everything (and making me so nervous)
- Beginning to crawl. He will get on his hands and knees and rock and then crawl just a little but gets frustrated if he is going after something too far away.
- Rolling over and over like a wild man.
- Pulls all of his toys out of the baskets and scatters them all over the floor.
- Just generally so active now. He doesn't want to be held for long and wants to be down playing.
- Will still let us rock him to sleep but wants to be put down shortly after falling asleep. I used to love to hold him for a while and just watch him sleep. I think my days of holding and rocking are numbered now and I'm trying to enjoy them while I can.
- He used to LOVE to be swaddled. I know we probably set the world record for how long we swaddled him but now he does NOT want to be swaddled at all. I am so glad!
- He is finally starting to sleep flat and I think his reflux is really starting to improve.
- He still is putting everything in his mouth. He now gets really upset with us if we take something away that he is putting in his mouth that he shouldn't be.
- Still no teeth yet. I have expected to see them every month for a while now but really think it could be this month
- Feeding solids has gotten interesting. He has now decided that he wants to hold his own spoon however he is not coordinated enough yet to actually feed himself. So, I am having to sneak a bite in with a spoon while he puts his spoon into his mouth. Any advice about this one, moms??
- He loves the TV remote. We gave him an old one to play with because he was so good at changing all the settings on the TV in record time.
- He is sitting up in the bath now and loves it! He doesn't like when it's time to take him out.
- He is wearing size 3 diapers now and still in some 3-6 month clothes and some 6-9 month clothes.
- He watched his first Alabama game with Daddy!
- I left him for my first official outing to a women's event at a church in town. I know you readers might think I'm sad that it took this long, but it was progress for us both and he did great with Daddy. I loved how excited he was to see me when I came home. :)
- He loves blowing raspberries.
- Laughing more and more at what we do! Making a lot of different sounds now.


James, Mommy and Daddy love you so much! We prayed for you but never knew just how much joy you would bring to our lives until the moment you arrived. You have changed our lives in so many ways. You have made us realize what a miracle life really is and you have helped us to embrace each moment with joy and worry less about the future. Always remember that we love you and most importantly that God loves you! You don't have to earn our love and acceptance. You have it unconditionally! Trust Jesus and follow Him all the days of your life. You are our good and perfect gift from above!


No comments: