Friday, March 19, 2010

Rattlesnake Roundup


As promised here is a recap of last weekend and the Rattlesnake Roundup (I'm trying to get this done before James wakes up so I apologize for any typos):

Well, we had heard about the Rattlesnake Roundup for some time and even though people had tried to describe it to us you really just have to experience it for yourself (but I'll do my best). It's a pretty big deal in this small town and we knew that we didn't want to miss the chance to go when it rolled around. James got to experience his first Rattlesnake Roundup at just 5 weeks old and even got a "shout out" on a local TV station from our friend Adam who was a commentator for the parade. Adam also gave us a signed picture for James from Miss Georgia. I'm happy to announce that I showed James the picture and he just yawned at it which means that he will hopefully only love Mommy for a few more years!

There was a parade that we walked to from our house that was one street up complete with clowns, tractors, floats, motorcycles, beauty queens, and even a band. James slept in the carrier for the whole time! (It makes us wonder why we whisper when he's alseep at home when Harley Davidson motorcycles didn't wake him up..) There was also a "fair" type thing with lots of booths and all the great fried food everyone loves at our Wildlife Club. The main attraction that had a large crowd gathered was, of course,...The Rattlesnakes. We never got too close!

We also got to enjoy spending time with Aunt Leah, Cousin Jonathan, Nana, and Grandpa who were all visiting for the weekend. I know they enjoyed the Rattlesnake Roundup too! ;)

We'd love to have any of you curious readers out there visit us next March if you'd like! Just let me know!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:























No comments: