Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I got the job!

Just a quick update to say that I did get the job (my good friend Katie pointed out I need to update the blog more often)!! I will be teaching fourth grade language arts (and probably social studies as well) next year at Claxton Elementary - just a mile from our house. What a blessing...of all the places to have an opening and after all the people that applied for the position I am believing firmly this is the Lord's will for me. I have never prayed so hard ever, that the Lord would put the person He wanted in this position even if that wasn't me, and when the principal called I was expecting him to say he was going in a different direction but he actually said "would you like to come work for me?" Wow - I was shocked and surprised. That seems to be happening a lot lately in our little family - the Lord moving us to GA and the changes that have come along with our move. I am the only new teacher to be hired this year in a school with close to 90 teachers. In fact, the principal told me today that the new teacher orientation to be held next week will be for me and me alone - talk about some one on one attention! But I am very thankful for the way it has all worked out. This year will hold challenges I am sure but I know the Lord will work each one out. Pray that I will be ready to receive these precious children on August 5th in a just a few short weeks. More updates to come soon...I promise! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update! and congratulations. God is doing to do amazing things in and through you two! blessings, friend!