Thursday, March 12, 2009

My inspiration to post again...

Apparently, I am not very good at this whole blog thing: I've written about groundhogs and being sick which I am fully aware is not the most exciting reading for anyone - even my sweet, mother-in-love that is the only one I know for sure actually reads these updates. But, I found this survey on a friend's blog and thought that it would give me a little inspiration to post again! :) And talking about my love, Stephen, is something that I can pretty much always do! I just want to brag on him for a minute and say that even though I knew I would love being married to him, it has been even better than I expected. It seems unbelievable that in just a few weeks we will celebrate our second anniversary already. It seems as if the time has flown by and yet so much has happened and we've been through so many life changes: starting our life in New Orleans, his college graduation, starting seminary, his first church job, my first teaching job, transferring to another seminary, our move to NC, my first church job.... A LOT has happened!! There have been trials and immense joy, tears and laughter and we've done it all together. And it has only made us closer. And through it all I have always felt his love and support. He is strong, and faithful, and true. And I love him more and more every single day! So, enough with all the mushy, gushy and on to the survey to see how well I know him... see, I told you I could always talk about him! :) Here’s a chance to see how well you really know your husband. Cut, paste and fill in the answers, then forward. The real challenge is to send it to your husband to see how right you really are. 1. He’s sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? House, Numb3rs, Food Network (Challenge and Ace of Cakes), King of the Hill, or some reality show that he is watching with me. 2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Ranch 3. What’s one food he doesn’t like? Sweet Potatoes (which happen to be my favorite) 4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does he order? Sweet Tea :)... we don't drink. 5. Where did he go to high school? Westbrook Christian School 6. What size shoe does he wear? 10 1/2 or 11 8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Philly Cheesesteak (ironically, our romance began in Philly) 9. What would this person eat every day if he could? breakfast biscuits 10. What is his favorite cereal? He LOVES cereal and his cereal of choice does change from time to time. Right now it's honey bunches of oats. 11. What would he never wear? a v-neck or girl jeans. Definitely nothing that would be feminine. 12. What is his favorite sports team? ALABAMA FOOTBALL! Roll Tide! He also loves professional baseball! He likes the Yankees and the Braves but the Braves will always be his team. 13. Who did he vote for? Let's just say that he DID vote. I watched him feel out the absentee ballot and mail it in. :) What is your husband's favorite animal? Elephant 14. Who is his best friend? I think I am :)! And of course, Nathan. 15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? be hard on myself 16. What is his heritage? Whenever I've asked him, he says he doesn't know. He always says "maybe English because of my rosy cheeks." 17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? things also changes but: something chocolate, something with coconut, cookie cake. German Chocolate is probably his favorite. 18. Did he play sports in high school? yes, baseball, football, and track. 19. What could he spend hours doing? sleeping, watching t.v., editing videos, being with me :) - do we sound boring? 20. What is one unique talent he has? He is a man of many talents: he's gifted in media/technology things, music, teaching/preaching. I'm really proud of him. He also would win us a lot of money if he went on Wheel of Fortune. 21. What is his favorite thing to do when you have a night together? it doesn't matter as long as we are together. We just like cuddling up in our big chair and a half. 22. Does he always have to drive, or does he let you drive? There is really never a time that I drive when we are together. 23. Do you ever fight? all of our "fights" are generally about something silly and by the end we realize we are really only arguing because we just want more time together. I'm glad we always talk it out and don't hold things in. We work through whatever it is and never never never go to bed angry. It's too hard to be angry with him. Let's see if he'd same the same about me, ha! 24. If he were to buy you a gift what would he get you? I'd rather have a trip to just get away and relax together more than anything. We also make a lot of our gifts for valentines day or anniversaries. One day I'd like some diamond earrings, maybe, but I'd still probably rather just go somewhere we've never been together. 25. Was it love at first sight? not exactly, but it was God's perfect timing and I would not change anything about how it happened. 26. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? signed baseballs, Alabama stuff, DVD's... Another thing that has me inspired to write is our new, adorable little nephew that we got to meet last weekend, Jonathan Merrill Patterson Jr. Here is a picture of Uncle Stevo and Baby Jonathan!







5 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your blog! I check it often to see if you have updated, so I was pleasantly surprised there was a new post! :)
rachel

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing! and by the way, I check your blog every morning! :)

i'm glad that you were able to find some inspiration, though...

The Johnson Family said...

Rachel and Katie, so glad to know you ladies are reading! I am always checking up on your blogs as well! :) Now that I know there are readers out there I will TRY to do better but no promises...! :)

Libby said...

Kassi, I'm glad you had some inspiration to update! I can't believe you are about to celebrate your second anniversary-time flies by so fast! And that new nephew is precious! Let's get together again soon. We miss you guys!

Marilyn said...

Awwww! I'm so glad you know that I'm reading. Always! I'm the mother forever! I love you Kassi!