Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wake Forest, Our Home

We've officially been in Wake Forest for two months today! Stephen and I have the same classes this semester which has been a lot of fun for us. We are enjoying studying together (as much as you can enjoy studying) and have not gotten too competitive about grades so far. (Stephen is saying "yes we have" as I type this.) I guess we'll save the competition for putt putt, scrabble, and yahtzee - a few of our favorite things. We are taking New Testament and Hermeneutics. Hermeneutics seemed like a very intimidating concept to me in August but we are essentially just learning how to study and interpret God's Word. It has quickly become our favorite class and we have the privilege of taking it with Dr. Akin, our president. 

We both found jobs when we arrived here two months ago and are now both beginning to transition into new, more permanent positions. Stephen just got a job with Apple and is really excited about the possibilities that he will have there. I am in the final stages of interviewing with a church to be their children's director. We are praying that the Lord would place us right where He wants us and that we would trust Him in this whole process. Please keep us in your prayers. 

We love North Carolina especially at this time of year. Fall is going to be beautiful here and we are hoping to do some apple and pumpkin picking very soon. We would love for you to visit and see it for yourselves but if you can't then we promise to take lots of pictures (especially when the leaves start the change colors)! 

Thanks for reading! We'll update you more later!


3 comments:

Rachel Rainer said...

Love it! The blog looks good! I even voted on your little poll.:)

Marilyn said...

Where are the pictures? I need to see your smiling faces! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the Carolinas! Hope all is going well for you. Can't wait to keep up on your adventures via the blog, too.

Blessings, Katie